Support Us When You Shop this Holiday
Amazon donates to an organization of your choice when you shop at smile.amazon.com. Please consider choosing the Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society when purchasing from Amazon Smile.
2015 Annual ACHS Preservation Awards
The Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society once again is asking members of our local community for nominations of potential recipients of the Annual ACHS Preservation Award. Recognizing that there are many restoration, renovation, and conservation projects completed annually in Albemarle County and the City of Charlottesville, ACHS would like to recognize and celebrate another exemplary preservation project for 2015. Please consider nominating individuals, organizations, or agencies whose projects demonstrate excellence in historic preservation.
1. The project must be located within the boundaries of Albemarle County or the City of Charlottesville.
2. The project must have been completed between August 2014 and August 2015.
3. Not-for-profit organizations whose mission is preservation or restoration in any of these categories are eligible.
4. Individual private residences open to the public are ineligible.
5. There are no size limitations - nominations for large and small projects are encouraged.
If you have any questions, please email Steven G. Meeks at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2013 Keith Woodard, First and Main"
2014 Julie Coiner, "J. S. Young Building"
ACHS Upcoming Events
Join ACHS for a Historical Walking Tour
The Old Albemarle Jail is open on Saturday's from 12 noon to 2pm
Hatton Ferry is open for the 2015 season! Visit http://www.thehattonferry.org for more information!
Researching local history? Visit MarkerHistory.com for free images and descriptions of Albemarle County Highway Markers.