A far off view of the Rotunda on the Lawn
Click image to view original
The Rotunda experienced a fire on October 27, 1895 and opened soon after in 1898 with restorations done to the building by architect Stanford White. In the 1970s, another restoration brought the interior back to its original Jeffersonian style.
Received by the Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society on February 23, 1995 from the sister of the photographer, Miss Evelina Magruder, in a two volume collection of photos, known as the Alaville Magruder Collection.
There are no comments for this entry yet. Be the first to leave a comment.