Collection Number: MS 64
Extent: 1 folder; 9 items.
Biographical/Historical Information: Documents concerning the Martin family of Albemarle Co., Va.
Scope and Content:
- Photocopy of Thomas Martin (1799-1870) biography. Includes image.
- Photocopy of “Prominent Tennesseans” featuring Thomas Martin.
- Photocopy of a page of Pulaski (Tn.) History about Thomas Martin, founder of Martin College.
- Photocopy of 2p. from “History of Sumner County Tenn” (p. 21-22) about the Fountain Head area and the Martin family.
- Photocopies of 3p. index from the Martin Family Quarterly, Dallas, Tx.
- Photocopies of 6p. of the Martin Family Quarterly, Vol. II no. 2 (1976) giving the genealogy of Abram Martin. Albemarle and Amherst Counties, Va. are mentioned.
- Photocopy of the Will of Thomas Martin – July 25, 1792, probated in Albemarle County, Va. His will mentions land in Kentucky and names thirteen enslaved people: Jack, Darkey, Winney, Daniel, James, Major, Dinah, Peter, Will, Pompy, Robin, Phillis, and Lucy.
- Photocopy of 1p. from Colonial Families of the United States (p. 271), giving the lineage of Abram Martin who came to Albemarle County, Virginia in 1680.
- Photocopies of 3p. of the Martin Family Quarterly, Vol. II no. 3 (1976).