Dates: circa 1916 to circa 1935
Collection Number: MS 76
Extent: 2 folders; 1 original scrapbook; 1 research copy of scrapbook
Biographical/Historical Information: McGuffey School opened in 1916 as an elementary school and was named for Dr. William Holmes McGuffey, best known for the McGuffey Eclectic Readers. The building also served as the Superintendent's Office from 1916 to 1945. The school closed in 1973. It is currently the McGuffey Art Center.
Scope and Content: This is a scrapbook with materials relating to the McGuffey School in Charlottesville, Va. Many of the items relate to Carrie C. Burnley, the first principal of the school. Photographs of students and student activities are included.
Restrictions: Researchers are restricted to use of research copy.