Collection Number: MS 30
Physical Location: Archive Room File Cabinet
Extent: 3 items.
Access Restrictions: Collection open to research.
User Restrictions: No restrictions.
Preferred Citation: The Harlow Family in Virginia, MS 30, Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society, Charlottesville, Va.
Acquisition Information: Gift, Michael G. Harlow, Route 4, Box 181, Lousia, Virginia, 12 September 1977
Biographical/Historical Information: These manuscripts trace the Harlow family in Central Virginia.
Scope and Content:
(1) Typescript photocopy in brad-bound folder of The Harlow Family in Virginia by Michael G. Harlow, 1977, 43 p., that contains notes, a family group sheet of Michael Harlow (1754-1837), and lists of documents found in Virginia records. Large section on Albemarle and Fluvanna Counties. Also, contains a copy of the article from the Magazine of Albemarle County History, “A Hometown Boy Looks at Charlottesville, 1858: A Letter of Benjamin F. Harlow” (volume 18).
(2) ALS photocopy from Michael G. Harlow to Mrs. Burton, 10 September 1990, concerning Hezekiah Harlow’s parentage. Albemarle, Amherst, Fluvanna, Louisa, and Nelson Counties are mentioned, as well as the Bickley family. 2 p.
(3) Typescript photocopy in brad-bound folder of Notes on Central Virginia Families: Bird, Carr, Eastham, Glass, Howard, Jordan, Martin, Payne, Waldrop, Watson and Wood collected by Michael G. Harlow, 1977, 41 p. Contains notes, family group sheets, and news articles with pictures of the families. Surnames include Bird, Carr, Eastham, Glass, Howard, Jordan, Martin, Payne, Waldrop, Watson and Wood. It also mentions Albemarle, Louisa, and Fluvanna Counties.
- 1. Albemarle County, Virginia.
- 2. Fluvanna County, Virginia.
- 3. Lousia County, Virginia.
- 4. Genealogy.