Dates: circa 1979
Collection Number: MS 140
Physical Location: Archive Room File Cabinet
Extent: 1 folder.
Creators/Collectors: Webber, Cleveland G.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to research.
User Restrictions: No restrictions.
Preferred Citation: University Cafeteria, MS 140, Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society, Charlottesville, Va.
Acquisition Information: Gift, Mildred H. Cooley, 4 April 1988.
Biographical/Historical Information: The University Cafeteria, located at 1517 University Avenue in Charlottesville, Virginia, opened in 1942 by L.D. Cooley, E.F. Cooley and C.B. Webber. It served a diverse clientele and was one the first eateries to integrate. The restaurant closed in 1983.
Scope and Content: This collection includes a 5p typescript of "A Brief History of the University Cafeteria" written by Cleveland G. Webber, manager of the University Cafeteria, along with a list of staff members and a menu for the second annual Johnson Dinner given by the University of Virginia Johnson Club, 17 November 1960, at the Thomas Jefferson Inn.
Persons: Webber, Cleveland G.
Corporate Names: University Cafeteria.
- Corner (Charlottesville, Va.)
Notes: [Photo from the Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society Photo Collection, University Cafeteria, PH2700.]